One cavity or a chipped tooth may require a filling or a dental crown to recreate your flawless smile, but what happens if almost every tooth needs help? For those patients who are struggling with extensive tooth decay, tooth loss, or other dental injuries, there may not be one, quick solution. Instead, a dentist may need to provide a cosmetic smile makeover or restorative full mouth reconstruction. Keep reading to learn more about when you may need full mouth reconstruction and what treatments may be included.
Treatments Used for Makeovers & Full Mouth Reconstruction
We can include almost any treatment in a smile makeover or full mouth reconstruction plan. There really is not much of a difference in the two types of treatment plans. However, smile makeovers tend to focus more on enhancing the way that your smile looks while full mouth reconstruction plans are focused on repairing the ways that your smile functions. Some treatments commonly used in these complex treatment plans include:
- Cosmetic dentistry options like teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or dental bonding
- Restorative dentistry services like fillings, inlays, onlays, and dental crowns
- Tooth replacement options like fixed bridges, partials, dentures, and implant supported tooth replacement plans
- Orthodontic alignment options like braces, Invisalign alignment trays, and oral appliance therapy
- Surgical interventions to address congenital and developmental issues
Should I Consider Full Mouth Reconstruction?
There are many reasons why you may need a full mouth reconstruction, including extensive tooth loss, dental damage due to teeth grinding, cracked or broken teeth after injury, or improperly developed oral structures. Some of the most common situations where we may recommend a full reconstruction or smile makeover include the following:
- To address numerous cosmetic flaws and create a beautiful smile
- To repair damage following facial trauma or injury
- To repair the effects of congenital or developmental oral health issues
- To renew oral health and function following oral cancer or treatments for other forms of cancer
Meet Dr. Mace
Skilled Washington, Missouri dentist, James J. Mace, DDS, offers patients a variety of the most advanced cosmetic and restorative dentistry services. If you’re in need of an advanced restorative or cosmetic dental care plan, Dr. Mace and his team will partner with you to recreate the flawless, healthy smile you deserve. When you’re ready to get started, call to schedule your full mouth reconstruction or smile makeover consultation with our team today. We look forward to partnering with you to create your dream smile.